Hersheypark is a family-friendly theme park situated in Hershey, Pennsylvania, about 15 miles (24 km) east of Harrisburg and 95 miles (153 km) west of Philadelphia.
Opened in 1906 by Hershey founder and famous chocolatier, Milton S. Hershey, Hersheypark began as a recreational retreat for Hershey Company employees and their families. Today, the theme park is now operated and privately owned by Hershey Entertainment and Resorts Company, who maintain its legacy of family-friendly entertainment, rides, games, events and more amidst the celebration of all things chocolate.
Hersheypark remains one of Pennsylvania's premier state attractions and is ideal for day trips and weekend outings. It has won several awards, including the IAAPA Applause Award.
At AAA, we're proud to offer Hersheypark discount tickets in 2022 for our AAA family members.
Hersheypark: Family-Friendly Theme Park Loaded With Adventures
Hersheypark's location near Harrisburg and Philadelphia makes it a popular day-trip destination for locals and tourists alike.
Regular park hours will begin in early June through Labor Day Weekend, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Hersheypark also remains open on select Saturdays and Sundays through September. *Hersheypark 2022 season dates are subject to change due to COVID-19.
An overview of Hersheypark includes these attractions, amenities and overall entertainment options:
- Over 70 total amusement park and carnival rides.
- Fifteen roller coasters.
- Chocolate World, the iconic chocolate factory, gift shop and experiential center featuring all things Hershey chocolate.
- A boardwalk-style promenade replicating classic Northeastern summer boardwalks.
- An 11-acre water park containing another 12+ attractions, including a 378,000-gallon wave pool, multiple waterslides and pools, a lazy river and more — included with general admission tickets.
- Access and admission to the adjacent ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park.
- Dozens of food and drink venues.
- Daily musical performances.
- Daily dancing shows.
- Daily marine mammal presentations.
Hersheypark also hosts popular seasonal events. In April, Hersheypark puts on its annual two-weekend theme park preview, Springtime in the Park. Mid-October brings Halloween with Hersheypark in the Dark for costumed and candied fun. Mid-November through Dec. 31 features the popular Hersheypark Christmas Candylane, with the park aglow in over four million holiday lights for a true winter wonderland.
What Hersheypark Has to Offer
- Hershey "Chocolate World" Factory: The iconic Hersheypark chocolate factory pays homage to its namesake chocolate brand. The free, 30-minute tour leads guests across the chocolate-making, or "bean to bar," process for classic Hershey candies and treats. Free samples are included at the tour's conclusion, so bring your sweet tooth.
- Amusement park rides: General-admission theme park rides at Hersheypark include bumper cars, carousels, zip whirls, spinning cars, train rides, high swings, a racing speedway, the Triple Drop free-drop and many, many more, as well as the popular hydroflume Coal Cracker and other water-based attractions within its adjacent water park.
- Roller coasters: Hersheypark currently maintains over a dozen roller coasters, including steel and classic wood coasters. Its extensive lineup of roller coasters offers something for all ages and preferences. The top roller coasters to note are Sooperdooperlooper, The Comet, Great Bear, Storm Runner, Skyrush and Candymonium. For little thrill seekers, Hersheypark features kid-safe roller coasters like the Mini-Comet and Mini-Pirate.
- "The Board Walk" water park: One of Hersheypark's latest additions, the Board Walk, includes an 11-acre water park center for an extra layer of summer fun. The Board Walk's water park section features multiple water slides, whirlwind and vortex plunges, a lazy river, a wave pool, wave riders and the relaxing Bayside Pier.
- Make your own chocolate bar: Located inside Chocolate World, the Candy Bar-Making Experience lets you pick your ingredients, design your wrapper and then indulge in your final creation.
- The Kissing Tower: Don't let the name fool you. The Kissing Tower delivers unencumbered 360-degree views of Hersheypark as well as the nearby town of Hershey. During the gentle tower ascension, you'll learn the history of the Hershey chocolate company as well as the city of Hershey itself. The views are so beautiful at the top, it deserves a kiss.
Hersheypark Tickets and Parking Information
Your AAA Membership grants specialty discounts on Hersheypark admission tickets during the 2022 season (May 1 to Sept. 27). *Hersheypark 2022 season dates are subject to change due to COVID-19.
- Suggested visit duration: Four hours or more
- Address: 100 West Hersheypark Drive, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033-2738
AAA Member Hersheypark Pricing Packages
With your AAA membership discount, Hersheypark's general admission ticket prices and packages for the 2022 season are as follows:
- Adult one-day ticket: $60.00 (Regular price $76.95).
- Junior one-day ticket (ages 3-8): $49.00 (Regular price $51.75)
- Children two and younger: Free.
- Seniors (ages 62+): $49.00 (Regular price $51.75)
- Your AAA membership also gives you access to special Hersheypark AAA Member Special Days, with tickets starting at $52.60. Hersheypark AAA Member Special Days are subject to change but are valid May 1 through Jun. 30, 2022.
To confirm ticket prices and dates, give us a call or chat with one of our AAA team representatives online.
Hersheypark Parking Fees and Rates
The Hersheypark parking lot is located off Park Boulevard and opens two hours before Hersheypark.
ADA/handicapped parking is available. Follow ADA parking spot directional signs posted throughout the lot or ask the ticket attendant for directions. Additionally, Hersheypark offers a free parking lot shuttle to the park's main gate.
So, how much is parking at Hersheypark? The rates for the 2022 season are:
- $20 per vehicle during the Summer Season (post-Memorial Day)
- $20 for campers, trailers and oversized vehicles
- $25 preferred parking
- Free parking for season ticket holders
Other Costs and Visitor Information
- Ticket prices are subject to change based on Hersheypark's discretion.
- All tickets are non-refundable.
- All tickets contain an expiration date. Tickets cannot be used after its written expiration date or outside the purchased season.
- Tickets may be subject to a daily amusement tax of $0.85 per day.
- AAA Member Special Day ticket prices and dates are subject to change based on Hersheypark's discretion.
Get Your AAA Hersheypark Discount Tickets for 2022
Stop by a nearby AAA branch location to become a member today and get the Hersheypark AAA discount prices. Or sign up online to get exclusive deals, discounts, event tickets, amenities and more for being in the AAA family.