AAA Virtual Vacation Travel Photo Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THE CONTEST OR CLAIM THE PRIZE
- Contest: People cherish their travel memories and American Automobile Association Central Penn ("AAA") wants to hear from them so it is sponsoring a photo contest with opportunities to win a $25 gift card between May 18, 2020, and June 19, 2020.
- How to Enter: The Contest begins at 12:00:01 a.m. ET on May 18, 2020, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on June 19, 2020 (“Contest Period”). To enter, visit aaa.com/photocontest ("Website"), go to the Photo Contest entry link, and follow the online instructions to submit a digital photo and complete the entry process. The AAA computer is the official time clock for the Contest. Entries that meet the following requirements will be posted by AAA, at AAA's discretion, on its blog. Entries can also be posted by AAA, at AAA’s discretion, on its Social Media sites:
a. Entrant must be the person who took, and has full rights to, the photo.
b. Entrant has the full written consent from all persons or copyright owners of other works (such as paintings and statutes) appearing in the photo for full use of the photo, including, but not limited to, use and publishing in this Contest and the other uses stated herein.
c. Minor digital enhancement for cropping, red-eye removal, filters and corrections functions are permitted, but images that AAA, in its sole discretion, determines to be significantly altered will be disqualified.
d. Photo must convey a travel theme.
e. Borders or frames are not permitted around the image and a watermark, signature, date or copyright notice are not permitted on the image.
f. Only 10 photos may be entered per household during the Contest Period. Entries will be considered for the week in which they are posted, and can also be considered for following contest weeks, by AAA at its discretion.
g. Entrant's photo will be posted on our blog and will be identified only by the caption and location provided on the entry form. AAA may also post the photos on our Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn pages, per AAA’s discretion. Photos must adhere to the Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn Promotion Guides.
h. Only one prize may be won by any entrant.
Photos that (a) contain sexually explicit, nude, obscene, violent or other objectionable or inappropriate content, as determined by AAA in its sole discretion, (b) have won a photo contest of any kind, or (c) violate or infringe upon another person's rights, will not be considered.
a. Contest is open to U.S. residents of legal age in the jurisdiction in which they reside. Employees (and their immediate family members) of AAA and its Clubs are eligible to enter, but are not eligible to collect prizes.
b. Winner retains winner's rights to the winning photo but must sign a Release acknowledging the Rules, affirming eligibility and granting AAA, AAA Clubs, and their affiliates, subsidiaries and agents, a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual non-exclusive license to print, display, distribute, reproduce, adapt and/or modify the photo in any way and create derivative works of the photo, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any AAA purpose, including but not limited to, promotion of AAA's travel content, use on AAA's web sites, exhibition, use in any media and commercial products.
- Winner Selection: Within 10 days after the end of each quarter during the Contest Period, a winner will be selected from entries received during the quarter just ended. A panel of judges consisting of AAA employees and others will choose the weekly winner based on the following criteria: impact, lighting, composition and effectively conveying the joy of traveling. The decisions of the judges are final. Each winner will be notified by AAA, via email on winner’s entry, approximately 10 days after the end of the quarter during the Contest Period.
Each winner will be required to execute and return (and winning is conditioned upon a winner executing and returning) to AAA, within ten (10) business days an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release, and executed consents of each person appearing in the winning photo or, if a minor, his or her parent or legal guardian.
- Prizes: Each winner's photo will be featured on the AAA.com/PhotoContest homepage. In addition, each winner will receive a $25.00 gift card. Gift card cannot be redeemed for cash, but may be transferred. Total retail value of all prizes is $125.
- Facebook Disclaimer: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn, and by entering this Contest, entrant acknowledges that Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn is not liable for anything related to the conduct or administration of this Contest.
- General Rules: Each entrant agrees to hold harmless and release AAA from any injuries, losses or damages of any kind that may result from taking a photo intended to be submitted and from and against all claims of any nature arising from or in connection with entrant's participation in the contest and acceptance, use, misuse or non-use of the prize. AAA is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected entries, for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, or by any human error that may occur in the processing of entries. AAA retains the right not to award the prize should no acceptable photos be received. AAA reserves the right to cancel or terminate the Contest (or any portion thereof) if fraud, misconduct or technical failures, including computer virus, bug, or other technical problems, destroy or threaten to destroy the integrity of the Contest.
a. Any damage made to the Website will also be the responsibility of the authorized e-mail account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Any attempt by an individual to damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. AAA reserves the right to seek damages from and to prosecute any such individual to the full extent of the law.
c. Upon a finding of non-compliance with these Official Rules or the return of a prize as non-deliverable, or if a winner is found to be ineligible, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner selected by the AAA judges.
d. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. It is void where prohibited by law. Winner is responsible for any tax due on winning amount.
e. Entrants who participate in this Contest hereby waive and release, and agree to hold harmless AAA and its Clubs and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, licensors, advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees and representatives and agents, from and against, any and all rights, claims and causes of action of any kind whatsoever that may arise from their participation in this promotion and/or their acceptance, possession, use, misuse or non-use of the prize.
f. Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. AAA reserves the right to cancel the Contest or modify the Rules at its discretion.