New Driver Training
The AAA Driving School educational experience is designed to fulfill all Pennsylvania Department of Education requirements through both Classroom and In-Car instruction. These programs can be taken together or separately, but best results will result from enrollment in our complete package. All instructors are approved and certified by the Pennsylvania Department of Education and the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation.
If both Classroom and In-car sessions are completed successfully, young drivers may apply for a regular, unrestricted license before their 18th birthday (see our Keys2Drive teen driver website, or attend one of our Dare to Prepare presentations, for more information about Pennsylvania GDL requirements). Many insurance companies, including the AAA Insurance Agency, will lower insurance premiums for the student who completes both programs. (Check with your agent for discount information).
Classes are scheduled several times throughout the year, in Lancaster only, offering a wide range of invaluable information to the new driver. Course includes:
- Influence of emotions on driving ability
- Alcohol/Drug risk awareness
- Risks of drowsy & distracted driving
- Signs and signals
- Emergency preparedness
- Different environmental influences
- Pennsylvania motoring laws
- Preregistration is required
- 30 hours of instruction are necessary to achieve certification. Any missed classroom sessions must be made up during a corresponding session. It is the student's responsibility to make arrangements with the Driving School office for ANY missed classes.
- Parents/Guardians must check in with the instructor the first night. An agreement form that needs to be signed, will be presented to the parent/guardian at the first session.
2019 Driving School Classroom Schedule
|AAA, Estelle Drive (Lancaster)||January 14-March 3||Tue and Thu||6:00-8:00PM|
Lessons are flexibly scheduled to accommodate the student’s schedule. Practice between lessons is strongly encouraged in order to successfully complete the program in 6 hours of instruction. For more information, please call (800)723-7021.
- Understanding the vehicle
- Practice on a driving range
- Practice in-town, expressway and country driving
- Students must obtain a Pennsylvania learner’s permit prior to taking the In-car instruction. A Pennsylvania Driver’s Manual to assist students through the licensing process can be obtained at PennDOT examination points or at any AAA branch office.
- Students under eighteen (18) years of age must have a parent’s or guardian’s permission for AAA in-car instruction.
Students can meet in-car instructors at the Estelle Drive (Lancaster) office. In rare instances when students need to be picked up at their homes, an additional travel fee will be charged(pick-up and drop-off time must be scheduled in advance).
AAA Driving School management reserves the right, at its discretion, to accept or reject any applicant for training, to discontinue training, or to cancel a scheduled lesson or class, when conditions (environmental or other), make it unsafe to continue instruction.
Driving School Fees
6 hours In-Car training
30 hours Classroom training
6 one-hour lessons
30 hours at AAA office
Please download and print this Driving school enrollment form. Send the completed form, along with full payment, to the AAA Driving School to start the enrollment process. A Driving School representative will contact you as soon as possible after your enrollment has been processed to schedule your in-car lessons.
Mail completed form to: AAA Driving School 804 Estelle Drive Lancaster, PA 17601
For more information on the AAA Driving School, please call 1-800-723-7021 or send an e-mail to email@example.com
Request Roadside Assistance
Request 24/7 emergency roadside assistance.
Become a AAA Member
AAA Members have access to a variety of benefits and discounts.